If part of your ‘ideal guest portfolio’ contains luxury travellers from China then you’ll want to read these stats! The Top 10 Trends in Chinese Luxury Travel is out and has some interesting insights beyond the generational differences with youth and matures. Here’s a couple of teasers from the article:
– The affluent class people travel abroad three times every year on average. Among these people there are 20% who travel five times or more.
– While millionaires take 15 days of holiday each year, half of the billionaires take more than 20 days on average.
– Chinese females take more holidays than male and they contribute more to the wealthy class of China.
– Richer travelers in China are 15 years younger on average compared to the travelers in Europe and America.
– In 2010 about 60% board business class in a flight but it is noticed that people generally prefer economy class for their first trip and subsequently increases their expense on higher classes.
– 80% do not prefer group travel, 40% do not prefer to travel on public holidays, and family holidays are most preferred.
– 60% make their travel reservations on their own while 26% ask their secretaries and 23% depend on their family members for it.